Heart of Wales Line Trail Accommodation
The Heart of Wales Line Trail is a new long distance walk that weaves its way along the beautiful Heart of Wales railway Line. This 150 year old rural railway, mostly single track, starts in the the Shropshire Hills. It then passes through green valleys, past wooded hillsides, over viaducts and finally ends on the South Welsh coast.
The new trail starts at Craven Arms and ends at Swansea. At 141 miles long, it would take you about 10 days to do the whole walk. Or you could use the train to access sections of the walk. If you don’t want to do the whole trail, read more about other walks from Hopton House here
Why Hopton House B&B is the perfect place to start your journey
- We’re just a few minutes walk from Hopton Heath Railway Station
- Pre order a supper platter to eat in your room after a days walking (£30 for 2 people – can be made vegetarian/vegan/pescetarian on request)
- Packed lunches provided on request ( £6.50 each )
- Water bottles refilled from our filter tap
- Homemade lemon drizzle cake and shortbread biscuits waiting in your room
- Fully controllable heating in both rooms
- Large baths and separate powerful showers
- Shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and soap provided
- Forget me not box of essential items you may have forgotten
- Comfortable 6 foot wide beds and sofas and chairs to chill out
- Heart of Wales Line Trail guide book and local maps to borrow
- We can wash and dry clothes on request
- Boot trays and outside hose
- One ground floor dog friendly room
Find out why one Guardian journalist fell in love with the Heart of Wales Line here.
For a full description of the route and links to the timetables on the Heart of Wales Line, visit their website here
If you’re planning to do the whole walk, then Hopton House B&B is perfectly situated to start your journey. Being just a few minutes walk from Hopton Heath Station, you can easily get the train to Craven Arms. Stay here as an overnight stop between Craven Arms and Bucknell or you could stay a couple of nights. Take the train up to Craven Arms on your first morning and walk back , then walk onto Bucknell the next day.
For those of you who just want to do sections of the walk, we’re obviously in the perfect location to do that. With maps and and copies of the Heart of Wales Line Trail guidebook to borrow, you can plan your trip.