Breakfast at our Shropshire B&B
Below we show you an example of what you might expect for your Shropshire Breakfast – we may not always have everything available but if you particularly want something such as smoked haddock, kedgeree, kippers, vegetarian, vegan or other special diet options please let us know beforehand.
Breakfasts are a relaxed affair, starting at 8.30 for the earlier riser and available till 10.00 if you want a lie in.
Guests are seated at individual tables, which we can push together for groups of friends eating together
- Porridge made with milk and local Shropshire Organic Oats or bircher muesli
- Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice or local apple juice
- Cafetiere of Monsoon Estates Freshly Ground Coffee
- Trumpers Loose leaf Traditional English Breakfast Tea or your choice of herbal. earl grey, green, rooibos or decaffeinated tea
On The Sideboard
- Homemade White and Granary bread to Toast
- Croissants or other Baked Goods
- Natural Greek Yoghurt
- Homemade Granola or a choice of Muesli and Cereals
- Fresh Fruit
- Fruit bowl
The Traditional Shropshire Breakfast
Your choice of
Ludlow Sausage, Local Bacon, Grilled Fresh Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Baked Beans and a Hopton House Eggs cooked as you like them
We also have Vegetaran Sausage or Halloumi for a vegetarian Cooked Breakfast
Our Breakfast Specials
- Eggs Benedict or Royale – Poached Egg on Bacon, or Smoked Salmon served on an English Muffin with Homemade Hollandaise Sauce
- Scrambled Egg and Smoked Salmon
- Poached Egg on Herby Mushrooms on Granary Toast
- Plain, Blueberry, Banana or Apple Cinnamon Buttermilk Pancakes and Maple Syrup
- 3 Hopton House Egg Omelette with your choice of filling
Because we offer so much choice and Karen works singlehandedly as chef, waitress and chief washer upperer, we do ask guests if they don’t mind completing a menu the night before. We don’t mind if you change your mind overnight but it does help Karen get organised ( and anything that helps with this has got to be a good thing )
If there’s something that you’d particularly like for breakfast that isn’t on the menu please let us know in advance of your stay and we’ll do our best to serve it up for you.
Please also let us know if you’re on a special diet and require any particular foods, so we can have them in for your stay. Our milk is whole or semi skimmed and it’s always butter and not margarine
“The breakfasts are out of this world. We have learnt that scrambled eggs are usually something to be avoided and could not believe it when asked how would you like them cooked?”
We are lucky to have lots of lovely pubs and restaurants within easy driving distance of the house. Please look at our restaurant and pub page for full details.
In Room Snacks
Each room has a silent mini fridge and, on request, we will leave a light snack in the fridge for you to enjoy in your room or to bring down to the guest lounge to eat.
This must be booked at least 48 hours in advance as we’re not close to the shops.
- Local Cheese Platter – A selection of local cheeses, with fresh homemade crusty granary bread & butter – £30 for platter for 2
- Locally Smoked Organic Salmon with fresh crusty bread & butter – £30.00 for platter for 2,
- Ploughmans Platter – Pork pie, ham, cheese, coleslaw, chutney with fresh homemade crusty granary bread- £30.00 for platter for 2
- Vegetarian Platter – local cheese and a selection of salads with fresh crusty bread and butter £30 for a platter for 2
- Locally made Brownies for 2 – £5
We aren’t licensed so please bring a bottle.
If you wish to bring in your own food or a takeaway we will provide you with plates and cutlery.