As I write this ( Friday 19th June 2020 ), we still don’t have a date for when we can open Hopton House B&B. I’ll update this page as soon as we have a definite date.
It’s been such a glorious spring and a real shame that we haven’t been able to welcome guests to enjoy it. Hopefully you follow me on Facebook and Instagram so you’ve been able to enjoy some of my photos.
I’ve been really very busy for the last few months, creating an online B&B course. I’ve also been spending a lot of virtual time, either on Zoom or Facebook with B&B owners who have attended my course in the past.
We’ve been negotiating all the different challenges over the past few months, supporting each other and sharing best practice. During that time we’ve created The Yellow Duck Collection, which is a map of many of the B&Bs that have attended my courses. We’re over on Facebook if you want to find some amazing B&Bs. Please give the page a like and tell your friends about it!
We don’t have a website yet but that will probably appear sometime down the line. My aim was progress not perfection and to find a way to support my past course attendees to rebuild their business post pandemic
The next challenge for us all is reopening our B&Bs in a post lockdown world. We are being bombarded with guidelines and spreadsheets and webinars, and it’s quite easy to get over whelmed with that we need to do.
What I do know is that every one of these B&Bs is thinking very hard about how to keep guests safe whilst maintaining the essential uniqueness of their property.
Which brings me on to what we’re doing at Hopton House. I don’t want to bombard you with risk analysis documents and a step by step breakdown on how we’ll clean the rooms and maintain social distancing.
If you’ve stayed before I think you know you can trust me to be doing the right thing to keep you as safe as possible, whilst maintaining the whole essence of a stay at Hopton House.
We were due to be closing the B&B at the end of September, but I’m keeping it open till just before Christmas to allow rescheduling of bookings.
Nearly everything is going to be the same but some things are going to be a different and I’ve listed them here. If you have any questions or concerns please do let me know!
NEW CLEANING AND SOCIAL DISTANCING MEASURES
- There will still be lemon drizzle and homemade shortbread!
- We will debit your card with the balance of your stay on arrival. This will be done through our booking system and means you won’t need to use the card machine
- On check in, once you’ve rung the doorbell please stand 2M back from the door. If you prefer you can self check in, we will leave the room key in the door. The upstairs Granary room is on the left and the downstairs Barn room on the right in the annex opposite the main house on the right of the drive.
- We’ve always had very high cleaning standards but we will be extra careful sanitising areas that you are most likely to touch such as door handles etc
- I’m sorry but we won’t be doing room tidies during your stay. We will leave a box for you to put items you want replaced outside of your door
- There will be fewer throws and cushions in the room and cushions/throws that are in there will be steam cleaned after each guest stay. You are very welcome to borrow guest information leaflets, maps and books from the guest dining room
- We are able to space the tables at breakfast so they are 2M apart and will have a separate buffet and toaster for each table. Please use the sanitiser by the door when you come into the dining room.
- You may see some changes like individually wrapped portions of buffet items. But the main breakfast choices remain the same and the bread will still be homemade
- Please keep up with your hand washing and social distancing whilst you are with us. We will provide sanitiser and anti bacterial soap
- On checkout please open the windows ( unless it’s chucking it down! ) and leave the key in the door.
- We will leave plates and cutlery in your room if you want to bring in takeaway food, if restaurants and pubs remain shut. There is a small silent fridge in each room if you want to bring your own in room picnic! We can provide a platter for £30 for 2 people. Please book this at least 48 hours in advance
- If any of your party have COVID 19 symptoms prior to your visit please don’t travel to Hopton House.
If you need to postpone your stay because you have COVID 19 symptoms or have been told to self isolate, please let us know as soon as possible. We will either refund your deposit or move your stay to another date if you prefer.
If we need to close the B&B due to government restrictions, or because we need to self isolate, we will contact you as soon as we can. Your deposit will be returned in full or we will move your stay to another date if you prefer. We will also try our best to recommend a similar property locally provided they are also allowed to open.